Pages

20 July, 2011

As a new mother

Two child parenting is a bitch. I'm exhausted and I don't feel like I'm very good at it yet. I'm sure someday I will get better at it, but by then they will have raised themselves, and I'll just be stealing their thunder. Good products definitely help. There are a few things that I've come to love since we had our second child a few weeks ago.

1. Prince Lionheart Warmies Wipes Warmer: It's fantastic. Keeps the wipes at just the right temperature. I feel like the wipes compartment is the perfect size. While they are basic and exactly the same as I found in a simple Google search, they included wipe solution recipes to try.
   Cons: the light on the front could bring ships to safety in a storm. I covered it with tape to dampen the brightness. The reusable cloth wipes that came with it started to unravel in the first wash.

2. Moby Wrap : I used a cheap sling for our first baby, which was fine but soon became too small for a growing child. And it had a fun pattern, so my husband refused to use it. My Moby wrap is a huge sucess with my baby, husband, and my back! I was worried that it would be overly complex and hard to use, but it's completely logical and easy to get on.
   Cons: It's black, and it's July. I didn't think that part through, obviously. It is long and doesn't just cram itself into the diaper bag with ease.

3. CJ's Spritz O'BUTTer : I have actually used this for a while, but on my toddler. She has been a yeasty child since she was born. I find that an occational spritz really helps her. And now that the new baby is here, I've been using it for general baby butt care. It's cloth safe, which is vital in our house.
    Cons: No cons, just wish I had more than one bottle around. I tend to leave it in the most inconvenient place.


No comments:

Post a Comment