Pages

22 July, 2011

The ridiculous rules we create

My child responds very well to rules and routine. Bed time is the same time every night, even mentioning that it's getting late, my daughter will ask, "is it 8 yet?". She gets to buckle her top strap in the car seat, but you have to ask her if she wants to do it; or else she flips out and sometimes insists on getting out of the car and starting over. I rarely let her get away with such neurotic behavior, but sometimes it's easier and faster to just let her restart.
These are my  girls and my super sexy husband. 

Lately I've been trying to incorporate the new baby into the routine.  Something that helps everyone feel comfortable, and that ensures we get things done in a timely manner.  I breast feed the baby while we read her two night time books (1 book at nap time). Diaper changes mean I need help getting the wipes out of the warmer.
 What else can I do to bring my 3 year old into the fold?

No comments:

Post a Comment