Pages

21 July, 2011

Maternity Leave can be a real bitch

The first two weeks were oddly wonderful. My husband was home, my baby was home, my older daughter was at daycare during some of the day. We just hung out and got to know each other.
The second two weeks are trial by fire. I'm all alone with a screaming child that I'm not sure likes me yet. I am bored as hell. My husband is back at his shitty job (actually, great job, shitty boss); so he has that to deal with. And on top of all this I have a staph infection in my c-section incision. So I've got that to worry about and treat.

I'm just feeling bitchy today. But on the plus side, I did actually get a few things done today. Currently, cleaning the oven! So what if it's self cleaning. I still had to lock it, and turn on the fans so the smell wouldn't invade my entire home.

What do other women do with their maternity leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment