Pages

24 October, 2011

Vegan Lactation Cookies

I've been making lactation cookies for myself for the last few weeks. I feel like they give me a little boost throughout the day. My poor vegan husband looked at my cookie jar longingly and with sad puppy eyes. So this time around I decided to make the few changes to make them vegan friendly.


Vegan Lactation Cookies
1 C soy butter
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
4 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
3 tsp Egg Replacer mixed with 5 Tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
3 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 C Thick cut oats
2 C Chocolate chips (box of dates, raisins, toffee chips, butterscotch chips, etc)
2-4 T Brewers Yeast or Nutritional Yeast
                                               
  1.   Preheat to 375  degrees
  2.   Mix water and flax seed meal in small bowl and set aside.
  3.   In large bowl cream butter and sugars
  4.   Add Egg Replacer mix and Vanilla; mix well
  5.   Sift together flour, baking soda, yeast, and salt- mix into creamed butter and sugar
  6.  Fold in oats and chocolate chips
  7.   Scoop medium size balls on well sprayed cookie sheets, kind of squish them down a little.
  8.   Bake for 9-11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment