Pages

06 August, 2011

National Boobies Week!

I'm a breast feeding momma. I think it's awesome. There are a number of reasons it resonates with me.
  1. I have some serious 'crunchie' tendencies.
  2. I'm cheap.
  3. I hate cleaning bottles.
  4. I love burning the extra calories every day (hello pre-pregnancy weight!)
I participated in The Big Latch On today at Ted and Wally's in downtown Omaha. It was a great chance to be communal and eat some seriously delicious ice cream. They even had a cashew coconut variety for my vegan husband! It was pretty delicious as well. There were 22 moms and several husbands and children there. Which was a pretty good turn out, considering Omaha has two official events for this year's attempt at record setting.

 What I'd really like to discuss is how I turned a prefold diaper into a fitted diaper. Also, I didn't break my sewing machine (which I have done before). I took my cues from a great site DiaperSewing.com . Rather than muddle through the explaination, I highly suggest you follow the link and do exactly as they say. Except I sewed in the extra layer before I did the elastic, I think that's easier.





 Now I didn't do any measuring for the template. And I also think that my next attempt will include tacking the elastic then sewing the casing and stretching it through after; I was a mess with the elastic.
But as far as economical and a fun way to spend an hour- It's a total win.

No comments:

Post a Comment