Pages

26 August, 2011

Vegan chili and a beer!

Tonight's easy meal plan is vegan chili . It doesn't have a firm recipe, but there are some constant ingredients.
2 green peppers diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 onion diced
Hot chilies,maybe 2-3 depending on size.
2 cans diced tomatoes (I dig fire roasted or chili ready )
1 can each chickpea, dark kidney, black beans
Big can chili beans in sauce
Big can pumpkin puree

I saute the vegetables with some olive oil in a big pot. Drain and rinse all the non -sauced beans. Add tomatoes to big pot .add beans and puree. Then I gauge how much water it needs donr my personal tastes. Stir in my favorite combination of chili spices, Going heavy on the turmeric and red pepper flake!  Heat until bubbly.

It's not a very complicated recipe. It freezes great and is wonderful all year round. Tonight I'll be enjoying mine with garlic toast and a wheat beer!


2 comments:

  1. Did you say "it freezes beautifully"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell's yeah I did. I made like 3 batches to freeze before I had the baby. A real easy reheat situation.

    ReplyDelete