Pages

25 August, 2011

Returning to the workforce

Going back to work has been exactly what I wanted it to be-- A relaxing, low-stress vacation. They might as well hand out beach towels and fruity drinks, because it's bliss... I have a very narrow set of responsibilities and 8 hours (plus a silent, and well paced lunch hour) to accomplish them.

I am sitting here typing with one hand because I'm breastfeeding a baby.. She literally sustains life because of me (heavy stuff, I know). I'm dreading 14 minutes from now when the oven timer goes off because I'll have to get up and put the baby down long enough to get my husband's french fries out of the oven (just in time for him to walk through the door from a long day's work). My diaper laundry is currently going through its pre-rinse/spin; so I'll have to attend to that in about 30 minutes as well.  
STILL TYPING WITH ONE HAND.

All that while being amazingly insightful for you.. You better f-ing believe I can't wait to get back to my desk in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of work (aka - a parent's daily vacation)

    ReplyDelete