Pages

23 August, 2011

Tie Dye and all that goes with it



There are some expectations you have when you see someone in a Tie-Dye t-shirt.. You hope they're wearing sandals, adorned with a few power beads, and totally willing to tell you how the man is keeping us all down. Well, a few days ago I got a hankering for tie dye. So I got together some prefold diapers, onesies, toddler t-shirts, and some adult sizes. Last night I went to town on them.
I used a pre-bottled mix I picked up at Walmart. I went with the 5 color option, because it had extra dye so I could do two batches. My daughter did a large amount of the color choosing and placement, I did the squeezing of the bottle.
As far as ease of use goes, it doesn't get much simpler. Add water, shake, and squeeze. The fun part was doing the rubber bands and deciding how to fold/roll them.  I let them hang out over night, wrapped in plastic wrap. This morning I rinsed them and gave them a very hot wash with a touch of Rock'n Green Laundry Soap. Dried them with some dryer balls and this is what I ended up with.




My hands in the aftermath.

So, now I can finally dress appropriately for my next peace rally or casual lunch at McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment