Pages

12 August, 2011

W.I.P. and a vegan desert that went just okay

Right now I'm working on knitting SOCKS! I've finally mastered (I think) double pointed needles. I am using the book "Getting Started Kitting Socks". I haven't gotten past the cuff of the sock yet, but it's encouraging that I haven't screwed it up yet.

My vegan desert that only went ok was nectarine shortbread. It lacked two things, sweetness and a vegan cool whip. But here is the recipe I used:

 Dough
  • 2 cups unbleached flour
  • 6 tbsp vegan butter (should've used the whole stick I think)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 Tbsp. baking powder
  • c.a. 1/3 -1/2 cup soy milk (vanilla or plain)
  • 3 nectarines sliced thinly
  • 1/4-1/3 more cups of sugar for the fruit
    1. Pulse flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder until the mixture looks like grated Parmesan cheese.
    2. Add milk and pulse until dough slightly comes together
    3. Take out blade
    4. Grab palm size balls of dough and form rough loose-ish balls. Sprinkle a little extra sugar on top.
    5. I baked at 375 for 12-15 minutes
    6. In pan on low mix and simmer sugar and nectarines until a nice syrup develops and the fruit is soft.
    When the shortbread is done just cut the balls in half, and top with the fruit and syrup. A healthy dollop of the whipped topping is a must! or vegan ice cream.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment