Pages

24 November, 2011

Final Review of Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping

I just finished 10 amazing weeks at Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping. I saw results, I feel better, I enjoyed every workout.
The basic set up was 6 days a week, alternating cardio and strength workouts. Cardio days were centered around kickboxing moves. And the strength workouts utilized resistance bands.

Check out the recaps of the first five weeks:
Week One
Week Two
Week Four
Week Five

I bet you're wondering why no reviews of weeks 6-10... Well, I got f-ing busy, so just assume they got progressively harder and I enjoyed them as equally (if not more) than the first 5 weeks.

My results were pretty good. At the end of the 10 weeks I worked off 5 inches (mostly from my gross c-section tummy). I improved my mile from 11:20 to 9:38. I went from 12 to 32 sit-up in a minute. And from 23 to 69 push-ups in a minute. I'm really proud of my mile time and my push ups. My weight went down like 6 lbs but my body fat % dropped like 4%!
People like lists, so I'll give you what I think are the Pros and the Cons of dropping like $400 on a 10 week program like this.

Pros
  •  If you go you will see results. Plain and simple, you can't fail if you show up every day.
  • It's like a family. Your class and your coach really make it about your success.
  • the Coaches  are great. It's personal but not over bearing. And they use EMAIL! It's the 21st century, I'm glad someone is effectively using email to keep me motivated. 
  • The strength training workouts are just as engaging and fun as the cardio. I didn't think they would be.
  • a 45 minute workout is the PERFECT amount of time. It's gut busting, sweaty, and extreme. But then you look at the clock and you're 10 minutes to finished. 
  • It's a group workout that isn't cheesy and it certainly isn't dancing.

Cons
  • It's not easy to drop $360+ on anything you're not sure about.
  • I was a bit younger than everyone else in the class, sometimes that is awkward for me (oh, I'm 28 BTW)
  • The nutrition portion/regime was hard to follow as a breast feeding mother. I kind of wish it was more specific, too.
  • My employer wouldn't reimburse me at all because it wasn't a monthly fee; like other gyms.
  • oh, and current top 40 pop/dance tracks ALL THE TIME! Egghhhhh...
End summation-- If you want to change your self- Do it at Farrell's. You will love how you feel and you that's worth any cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment