Pages

27 September, 2011

Week 2 of Farrell's Extreme Body Shaping.

First of all, I'm loving it. I get pushed to work harder than I've ever worked.
Cardio/Kickboxing in week 2 was much the same as week one, just that I knew the lingo better. I felt like the exercises moved pretty quickly so that you were tired and working hard, but not drilling away at the same thing all the time. Being on the mat (when your partner is doing the kickboxing bag) is the real killer. I've never before worked like that before. My planking (the real kind not the YouTube kind) is getting WAY better. And I even did real full sit ups the other day. My day 1 testing, I only managed 4 full sit ups with someone holding my feet. Now I can knock out two sets of 16  pretty decently.

So I am seeing improvement. I haven't lost any weight, but I certainly feel stronger and I can see a little change in my muscles.

The strength training is also GREAT. I was worried it would be tedious and dull. How could anything compare to kickboxing, right? Well, dull it is not. It's a challenge every time and I work up the same sweat I do on cardio days. It's not easy and it's up to you to really push yourself to level 10. There bands we use are color coded yellow to purple... Well in week 2 I've started uping my bands to green (one above yellow)!

The nutrition is still my weak spot. I'm improving.... Aren't we all though? Seriously though, I'm trying to balance a moderately vegetarian diet (with NO success) and a breast feeding diet- toss in trying to get 14-17g Protein and 30g Carbs per meal-- 6 times a day! Lets just say, I'm improving and striving for more protein and fewer carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment