Pages

11 September, 2011

Farrell's eXtreme Bodyshaping

I have decided that I am not in the kind of shape I want to be in. I want to make a large change in how I look, and how I feel. A well timed flier and radio ad led me to Ferrall's Extreme Body Shaping. 
It is 10 weeks, 6 days a week, at 5:00am of kick-boxing and resistance strength training. They also include a pretty comprehensive meal plan. I'm totally pumped to get started--- and completely freaking scared.

Orientation was on the Saturday before the first Monday. We did some basic measurements, before pictures, sit-ups, push-ups, and the dreaded one mile run. I completely failed at the sit-ups. In one minute I did 9. I blame 3 c-sections worth of muscle loss. I did like 23 push-ups in a minute. And I ran my mile in 11m 16sec. At the 5 week mark we'll do all these things again, and then for the final test we'll repeat at 10 weeks.

Orientation was a lot of talking about how the nutrition works, meeting your teammates, and explaining how the week goes.  I liked what I heard. You alternate MWF kickboxing, and TTHS strength training. You turn in weekly food logs.

Now, I'm not sure how my diet will be affected. I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to handle it. I want to keep my diet primarily vegetarian, and I need to keep up a certain amount of calories for breast feeding. They're big thing is getting the proper balance of protiens to carbs per meal (6 meals a day). My ratio is about 15g of protein and 30g of carbs per meal. I linked the calculator for finding such figures.



So, I'll try to keep the world updated with how I'm doing. How I'm feeling. Anything that I think might help someone jump in and go for big change.

1 comment: