Pages

03 September, 2011

Infant Prefolds

We're almost ready to transition away from our infant prefold diapers. It brings a tear to my eye, and a little pride too.
My two month old baby is big and growing (just busted past the 10lbs mark!) and it's all because of me. Breast feeding isn't always easy, or convenient. But it's the right thing to do and she's thriving because of it.

Prefolds are the greatest newborn/infant diapers.
 Coupled with a handfull of cute velcro and snap covers, our prefolds have been the go-to diaper. I have 3 Thirsties Duo, 1 Bummis Super Brite, and a couple of no name covers. I think the snap covers are a little trimmer, but the velcro is a life saver at 3:34a.m. when my hands don't work right. In the very beginning we didn't use a Snappi very often, but after about 2 weeks I started using one every time.
My skinny legged baby (8.5 pounds at birth) needs the tighter leg closures that the covers offer. Our selection of AIOs (for daycare use) are great, but still don't fit as snug around her legs as the prefolds.
Prefold means no folding
There's just no need to go crazy with complex diagrams or origami. Whether you just spread out the 'wings' of the trifold or use my favorite, the twist, prefolds are all ready for use.
Don't let the Prep scare you
Wash on hot, dry. Wash on hot, dry. Repeat about 4 times. And they just keep getting fluffier and softer with use.
Great resale value
Of course, you're never going to get full price back- but you can recoup some of that money down the road on Ebay, in a swapper group, or in consignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment